Bancroft Elementary provides all students with an excellent academic foundation as creative and critical thinkers who are empowered to act responsibly with respect for self, community, and the world.
• A growth mindset. Students grow in their learning by building confidence to take risks and make mistakes because they are in a safe and supportive environment.
• A commitment to the PYP action cycle. Students and staff are encouraged to reflect, choose, and act.
• A community of learners. We value collaboration, culture, equity, and social interaction between staff and students.
• An environment where learning is active. Students are engaged in authentic inquiry based, hands-on learning.
• We believe ALL children can learn!
• We believe that family involvement is critical in the development of the student.
• We believe diversity is a strength in our community.
• We believe that with every right comes responsibility.
• We believe shared decision-making and collaboration improve the educational process.
• We believe high expectations increase individual student achievement.
• We believe students learn best when they have opportunities for inquiry-based learning.
3829 13th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Grades: High 5 - 5
Principal Diego De Paz
Hours: 9:10 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
Bancroft Community School offers a high-quality community school experience
Located in South Minneapolis’s Bancroft neighborhood, Bancroft Elementary is a unique community school that offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP). Students who attend Bancroft Community will shape the way the school reflects and exemplifies the culture and fabric of its community.
Bancroft provides all students with an excellent academic foundation as creative and critical thinkers who are empowered to act responsibly with respect for self, community and the world. Families can expect an environment where the community of learners values working together, culture, equity, and social interaction. Teaching and learning at Bancroft is designed to encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged citizens. Students experience learning through inquiry based, hands-on activities. Learning meets students at their level and challenges them to grow through confidently taking risks, learning through mistakes, and developing a growth mindset.
At a Glance
- Full-day pre-K
- IB-PYP programme
- Spanish bilingual staff
- Integrated EL programming
- Advanced instruction, including Telescoped Math
- Special Education services with highly specialized autism programming
- Community Education- After-school activities
- Minneapolis Kids school-age care before and after school
- ATTENDANCE AREA MIDDLE SCHOOL: Andersen Community Middle School